Friday, July 10, 2009

Silence


Late at afternoon, the sunlight came in my room, slowly warming
my teapot, my cup, my hands.
I close my eyes visualizing inside me the calm stillness.
Silence and light, my whole Time is Now and Here, a warm nest
waiting for the tea to brew,
longing to see the color, to feel the texture, to breath the odor.
*
Tard dans l`après-midi, le soleil entre dans la chambre en réchauffant lentement
ma théière, ma tasse, mes mains.
Je ferme les yeux tout en visualisant à l'intérieur de moi la calme immobilité.
Le silence et la lumière: mon Temps entière devient Ici et Maintenant, un nid chaleureux,
en attendant que le thé s'infuse
en enviant... d'observer la couleur, sentir la texture, inhaler le parfum.






I bought this oolong-tea in a small market somewhere in Paris, without managing to identify the mark and the origin. A blind date, an experiment. First i take my time to observe the tea leaves. Small, irregular rolled balls and too many stems. Dark and dull green color. I have a bad presentiment, but... The first brew gives me a strong and clear taste that lastes for a long moment. Round notes of lemon flower and fresh lime taste. I feel the "spirit" of the tea, direct and friendly. The second step is more soft and delicate, i feel gardenia`s scent intoxicating my mood. The third brew is like an old memory that fades in the soft breeze...The leaves now are unfolded, i watch their veins, their shape and color, i can imagine their natural state before the treatment, somewhere on a mountain, rain, fog and sunshine....
*
J`ai trouvé cet oolong dans un petit magasin chinois, côté Villette à Paris. Je l'ai acheté sans savoir sa marque ni son origine. Rencontre en aveugle, envie d'expérimenter. Même si l'aspect des feuilles sèches n'est pas assez prometteur(couleur très terne et plusieurs tiges) le résultat de la première infusion est impressionnant, un goût net, puissant et bien prolongé. Des nuances aromatiques de fleur de citronnier et du citron vert très frais et rafraîchissants. Je peux sentir l'esprit du thé, direct et amical. Deuxième appel et le goût apparaît plus doux et délicat, notes florals de gardénia...Troisième appel, des mémoires flétries...
Les feuilles maintenant sont développés, j'observe leurs veines, leur forme, leur couleur. Je les imagine dans leur état naturel avant leur traitemant, a la montagne, inhalant la pluie, les brumes et le soleil....

No comments: